Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

I don't want to know it

I don't want to know it. Yet, I do. I truely believe it's one of my last vices that have and treasure. Somewhere along the way in the last 5 years I've gotten addicted to Diet Coke. I give it up and then get it again. Each time I swear it off it's after begining reminded of the clear health dangers of the ingestion of aspartame.

Two days ago, I fell off the wagon and bought a 12 pack of Diet Coke with Lime. Ten minutes ago, I popped open a can of the fizzy stuff, poured into a tall glass over ice, enjoyed a refreshing sip and as the Coca Cola company promises had a smile. Then I carried my Coke into our home office, set it beside my computer and opened my e-mail.

My smile went away. I was reminded once again that this stuff is posion for my system. Damn. I don't want to know it, but I do. Everything else that I consiously do in my life is too better my situation for the here and now and the forever, except this. Shit. I have to accept the reality my choices. Why would I knowingly bring the potential of harm to myself?

I'm not going the drink the Coke on my desk. I'm going to pour it out. Then I am going to listen once again to the message being delivered to me. I will listen. I will take heed. I will rejoice in my decision to do the best I know for myself and I will smile.

Let it me known:
On this last day of July,
in the year of 2010,  
I, Debra Clemente, 
being of sane mind
and wanting to stay that way,
choose not to have the
deadly neurotoxin aspartame, 
AS PART A ME.






According to aspartame.org diet soda accounts for 70 percent of the aspartame consumed. A 12 ounce can of diet soda contains 180 mg of aspartame, and aspartame users ingest an average of 200 mg per day.

The Deadly Neurotoxin Nearly EVERYONE Uses Daily… http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/07/31/aspartame-update.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment