Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

LET GO MY EGO

ego ego ego 

LET GO MY EGO !

Shout it out!
Say it fast and loud.
Let the words run altogether.
LET-GO-MY-EGO
Again and again.
LETGOMYEGO LETGOMYEGO
LETGOMYEGO LETGOMYEGO
LETGOMYEGO

I made it up. I haven’t used it much lately. Haven’t had the need to but when I conceived of this phrase a year ago last spring became my mantra. That means I repeated it a lot and it gave a peace and direction to my life.

Whenever my mind would wander to selfish thoughts I quickly turned the tables with my sing song rendition of my personal jingle. It’s helped me, help myself, think beyond myself.

Debra Clemente

1 comment:

Eric N. said...

Excellent Debra! And as Madge always said, "Your soaking in it"
It's like fish. They don't know that they are swimming in water because they are soaking in it. :)

Post a Comment